Access to books, audiobooks, and more - for less than a price of a paperback.
Join 38,062 members

User Tag List

What Teachers Really Need to Know About Formative Assessment

Default What Teachers Really Need to Know About Formative Assessment

What Teachers Really Need to Know About Formative Assessment

What does formative assessment look like, and when should I use it? What kind of planning does it require, and what kinds of data does it generate? How will formative assessment improve my teaching and help my students succeed in a standards-based environment? How does it relate to my application of multiple intelligences theory, to differentiated instruction, and to everything else I m already doing in my classroom?In this volume, author Laura Greenstein has gathered what you really need to know in order to make formative assessment a seamless part of your everyday practice. Emphasizing formative assessment application in secondary schools but applicable to teachers of all grade levels and all subject areas, this book provides

* Straightforward answers to teachers most frequently asked questions

* Dozens of strategies for measuring student understanding and diagnosing learning needs before, during, and after instruction

* Illustrations of formative assessment across the content areas, from math to language arts to science to social studies to health and physical education

* Guidance on making data-informed instructional adjustments

* Sample templates for organizing assessment data to track both whole-class and individual progress toward identified goals

* Case studies to illustrate effective and ineffective formative assessment and deepen your understandingIf you re looking to take formative assessment from theory to practice and from practice to genuine learning improvement this is the place to begin.

Contents

Fundamentals of formative assessment --
    Questions and answers about formative assessment --
    Formative assessment prior to instruction --
    Formative assessment during instruction --
    Formative assessment after instruction --
    Improving teaching and learning through formative assessment --
    Balancing assessment practices --
    Appendix A: glossary of assessment terms --
    Appendix B: lexicon of formative assessment strategies

2mb, pdf
    http://ifile.it/oj09bud

Last edited by arcadius; 07-04-2012 at 05:12 PM.
    Every man I meet is my master in some point, and in that I learn from him (R. Emerson)

2. Please read this message!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,373 Times in 4,114 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Default Re: What Teachers Really Need to Know About Formative Assessment

Thanks
    Thanked 1,865 Times in 396 Posts
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    50 Thread(s)

Default Re: What Teachers Really Need to Know About Formative Assessment

Header Updated

"Capitalists are so greedy, that will sell you the rope that will hang them" ~Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili - Stalin~

About us
Download language learning and teaching resources such as flashcards, grammar and course books, self study and exam materials, CDs and DVDs for just about any foreign language you want to learn.
Note
None of the files shown here are hosted on this server. The links are for URL which are publicity available on the internet for free, If you notice any page which you think violate your rights, let us know.