Access to books, audiobooks, and more - for less than a price of a paperback.
Join 38,062 members

User Tag List

Can anyone in HCMC, Vietnam, help me out?

Default Can anyone in HCMC, Vietnam, help me out?

My school has a ton of books that I think would be very useful to have on this site. My only problem is that I don't have the time for the scanning process. A friend of a friend told me with a large quantity it is possible to get scanning done for around 100VND a page, when I tried a few local shops near me I was quoted a price around ten times that, nowhere near the Vietnamese price. If someone can help me find a decent price, I will pay for all the scanning expenses.

Thanks!

2. Please read this message!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,256 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    112 Thread(s)

Default Re: Can anyone in HCMC, Vietnam, help me out?

Hi insertfunnysuername

I am not from Vietnam but I would like to contribute with sharing the scanning price fees.
    and what is 100VND equal for USD ?

The best way to say 'Thank you' is to make a mirror.

Whenever you download a file, send it back to any hosting services and post your link, this way we will not lose any files.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I know it is more work than the usual photocopying of books, but I can't help but feel the main problem is that I'm not Vietnamese and so I'm being quoted an exaggerated price. I have all the equipment to make the pdfs, it's just the scanning I need done. I found scanning a 150 page book took me around 2 hours, if we assume 1000VND per page, that works out at 75,000 an hour. A very high rate considering that I heard a restaurant worker only makes 8,000 per hour. I know there must be places where I can get books scanned cheaply, I just don't know where!
    Thanks for your offer of help Ayman, but the money isn't really the problem, just trying to get a fair price for the service is.

A quick breakdown for the curious, 20,500 is about 1USD.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    112 Thread(s)

Well, I will ask some vitnamess friends of mine, btw, how much a book with 200 pages cost for the scanning process in USD?

Whenever you download a file, send it back to any hosting services and post your link, this way we will not lose any files.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, I was quoted at a few places 1,000 VND a page, which would work out at around around 10 USD per 200 page book. I think I am being over charged however. It's a common problem for foreigners in Vietnam. A friend of a friend (a Vietnamese person who has since left) said after some haggling in a shop he managed to get the price down to around 100-150VND a page. That would make the same book cost between 1-2 dollars. At that price I would be happy to get loads scanned up, but at 10 dollars, it wouldn't work out cost effective.
    What is strange is that photocopying a book, or giving a pdf and having it printed is still very cheaper than getting one scanned even after all the paper and binding costs. I wouldn't have guessed going digital to paper would cost less than paper to digital.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    112 Thread(s)

That would make the same book cost between 1-2 dollars.
    This is really a reasonable price, which could enable us to scan books without spending the time to scan, hope we will find some places which offer the same price, please keep me updated, I like this idea very much.

About us
Download language learning and teaching resources such as flashcards, grammar and course books, self study and exam materials, CDs and DVDs for just about any foreign language you want to learn.
Note
None of the files shown here are hosted on this server. The links are for URL which are publicity available on the internet for free, If you notice any page which you think violate your rights, let us know.