Access to books, audiobooks, and more - for less than a price of a paperback.
Join 38,062 members

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which file host do you prefer?

Voters
1017. You may not vote on this poll
  • Filecloud | ex ifile.it

163 16.03%
  • Mediafire

682 67.06%
  • Rapidshare

378 37.17%
  • 4shared

239 23.50%
  • 2shared

37 3.64%
  • Uploading.com

72 7.08%
  • jumbofiles

81 7.96%
  • DepositFiles

245 24.09%
  • hotfile

107 10.52%
  • Other

59 5.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Be my guest - who is the best host?

Default Be my guest - who is the best host?

Hi LA members,

With all the movements, accounts being closed, protocols being changed, file hosters changing names and a lot more, we were wondering about the best file hosters to use on our site.

So we would like to have some feedback from you, our users.
    Tell us about the hosters you can use, the ones you cannot use, the ones you like and the ones you don't like - preferably with some explanation.

If your favorite hoster is shown above, vote for it, if not write your favorite host.

You can vote for more than one host

Your feedback is essential for our site improvements.

The best way to say 'Thank you' is to make a mirror.

Whenever you download a file, send it back to any hosting services and post your link, this way we will not lose any files.

2. Please read this message!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,240 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    112 Thread(s)

Default Re: Be my guest - who is the best host?

Member who chose others, should provide us with the name of hosters they think, they are better.

Whenever you download a file, send it back to any hosting services and post your link, this way we will not lose any files.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,903 Times in 4,070 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

For uploading I like Rapidshare and Filecloud. RapidShare because it always works, even when the connection gets very slow and you can add other uploads when you are already doing a file. And Filecloud is also quite easy to use.
    I can use other filehosters too, but MediaFire (account got suspended) and Uploading give sometimes failures when trying to upload. DepositFile is ok too.
    I am trying a new one out at the moment, uptorch, and that seems ok for the smaller files.
    For downloading I don't mind much which hoster, my connection is slow so I don't mind slow speed and I rarely dl more than one file at the time.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

1-Rapidshare sucks because it limits free users to 30kb/second and it only stores your files for 30 days after the last download if you are a free user.
    2-Mediafire is great but as long as you don't put your mediafire link in forum codes (you can see the codes in advanced mode in langacademy) and safelink your mediafire links it will suspend your account some day. If your upload is legal and if you log in to your account
    3- Depositfiles stores your files for 90 days after the last download. Even if you are a premium user, files do expire due to inactivity! You need to pay more to prolong your files.
    4- Jumbofiles is also great because
    - Users from all countries are allowed to download and use all features of our site.
    - No restrictions on parallel downloads, you can download as many files as you want at the same time.
    - They do not have any download limits, ie. hourly/daily/etc.
    But they store files "25MB - 100MB" for only 60 days from date of last download

5- Hotfile deleted many premium accounts, together with all their files in the past. Their only intention was to "go To War Against Copyright Infringers" but who would use hotfile but for the very copyright infringers. It stores files for 90 days if you are a free user.
    6- Uploading has a strict copyright policy. It may delete your files quickly if complaints are received but as far as I know it has no inactivity policy. It has a timer but it doesn't have annoying ads or captcha codes. Their disk space is limited (10gb) for free users.
    7-4 shared is also great. It gives you a space of 15 gb. It allows you to download folders as torrent or archive (b1) files. If 4shared deletes your files it puts them into a folder named "abused" you can still download your own files even if you can't offer links.
    8- I have a premium ifile account but I didn't like the change so I won't renew my membership. I bought ifile memberships in the past particulary because of the importer tool but it doesn't work anymore. Even if it works,it's not stable and it's just a waste of time.
    Mediafire would still be my first choice as a free user but people should stop giving direct parsed links. Mediafire blocks sites. I belive soon it will block all the links coming from english tips uz t ranslations and lang academy. Mutiple uploaders like embedupload don't redirect your links. They want you to copy/paste the download link on a new browser window for Mediafire URL or the siye to be blocked.
    My second choice would be 4shared and my third choice would be uploading.
    But I prefer minus-1fichier,bayfiles,putlocker,filebox when I download large files because they are fast and they don't limit you because you are a free user.
    For those who upload on sites like hitfile,uploadking,uploadbaz which limits free users and which makes you put up with annoying ads,timers and captcha codes I simply say "Sharing is caring. I would understand people would want to make some money by uploading but not everybody can afford premium accounts. Even if they do, there are hundreds of premium file hosters. How many can you buy? Ask yourself this question. If you have to gain from your uploads,please consider uploading more popular sites like netload. "

Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    112 Thread(s)

Hi @serzt sorry I didn't get this point :

Mediafire is great but as long as you don't put your mediafire link in forum codes (you can see the codes in advanced mode in langacademy) and safelink your mediafire links it will suspend your account some day.
    Shall we put the download links between CODE tags?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    112 Thread(s)

I also want to say that I tried this site, awesome!

1fichier

Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Everyone should put their links in CODE tags. If they don't they should protect their links with a site like safelink.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How about Filepost?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,903 Times in 4,070 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Hi Bruno, we asked what You think, so 'how about Filepost?' Could you tell us maybe?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by info@tbruno.it View Post
    How about Filepost?
    I have recently bought a one month filepost account -not to upload though. Filepost is useless unless you have a premium account. It limits your speed. You need to entert captcha codes and it deletes your files in 30 days after the last download.
    Look if you pay for it-any filehosting- repidgator,netload,lumfile,uploadedto,turbobit could be great but I just want uploaders upload on the most popular of them in which case netload is by far the most popular premium service now.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
About us
Download language learning and teaching resources such as flashcards, grammar and course books, self study and exam materials, CDs and DVDs for just about any foreign language you want to learn.
Note
None of the files shown here are hosted on this server. The links are for URL which are publicity available on the internet for free, If you notice any page which you think violate your rights, let us know.