Access to books, audiobooks, and more - for less than a price of a paperback.
Join 38,062 members

User Tag List

I want to listen to your advice to be a true teacher.

Default I want to listen to your advice to be a true teacher.

I want to listen to your advice to be a true teacher. Because I am going to teach someone who doesn't good at english but I am just intermediate. I will start this October. Enough for excuses. I need to help others. I need to share my learning experiences. Thanks

2. Please read this message!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,069 Times in 4,089 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Default Re: I want to listen to your advice to be a true teacher.

If I understand well, you are going to teach English, but you are not very good at that language yourself.
    I would advise you to stick to beginners for the moment and learn with them as you teach them. Make sure you prepare your lessons well ahead and look up all the things that you don't understand. Make all the exercises too. You have to be prepared for any questions your students may ask, so you should know what you are teaching.
    There are pronunciation dictionaries and other things like that, that can help you pronounce everything correctly. Make sure that you look up all the vocabulary you are going to teach next.
    Most courses have a teacher's book that can be very handy. Make ample use of it!
    You might want to keep a dictionary at hand in the classroom (nobody knows everything and it helps if you can look it up straight away). Either you or your students (good training) could look up any words that occur during the lesson that you are not sure about.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I want to listen to your advice to be a true teacher.

Thanks I will try.

About us
Download language learning and teaching resources such as flashcards, grammar and course books, self study and exam materials, CDs and DVDs for just about any foreign language you want to learn.
Note
None of the files shown here are hosted on this server. The links are for URL which are publicity available on the internet for free, If you notice any page which you think violate your rights, let us know.