Access to books, audiobooks, and more - for less than a price of a paperback.
Join 38,062 members

User Tag List

Encyclopedia Universalis 2013 v.18

Default Encyclopedia Universalis 2013 v.18

L'Encyclopedia Universalis est une encyclopédie en français publiée en volumes sur papier, sur CD-ROM et sur DVD.
    Au cours de la seconde moitié des années 1990, l'introduction et l'amélioration rapide de versions électroniques de l'encyclopédie, utilisant des fonds éditoriaux de la version papier enrichis de nombreux apports spécifiques, sous l'impulsion de son président Pierre Le Manh et du directeur éditorial Louis Lecomte, permirent à l'Encyclop?dia Universalis de connaître une seconde période de succès et de croissance.
    En 1999-2000, Universalis conclut un partenariat avec l'Education nationale pour proposer un abonnement annuel forfaitaire en ligne (Universalis-edu.com) à des établissements scolaires, des bibliothèques, médiathèques et centres de documentation
    La société Encyclopedia Universalis arrête définitivement la publication de son édition papier en 2012 et privilégie le tout-numérique.

Remark: Mount using Daemon Tools - overwrite after installing universalis-dvd-app4.jar in this directory to have the program work longer than 45days: C:\Program Files (x86)\Encyclopaedia Universalis 2013\Encyclopaedia Universalis 2013\jars

Thanks to 123dutch

DOWNLOAD

ISO in RAR 7.34 Gb = (37 parts of 200 Mb and 1 part of 124.76 Mb)

torrent
    In order to download the file(s), you should register an account, registration takes less than 60 seconds and cost you 20$ for 365 days (It helps keep the site running - We appreciate Your Support), give you unlimited access to all resources, JOIN TODAY
    In order to download the file(s), you should register an account, registration takes less than 60 seconds and cost you 20$ for 365 days (It helps keep the site running - We appreciate Your Support), give you unlimited access to all resources, JOIN TODAY

Starter MFC Application issue/flaw - solution found by @123dutch , thx

Just go the page below and follow the instructions

Last edited by Kah; 10-15-2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: edited comment

2. Please read this message!!!
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Encyclopedia Universalis 2013 v.18

Has anyone run this program successfully.
    Mine won't start on windows 7.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,373 Times in 4,114 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zero_net View Post
    Has anyone run this program successfully.
    Mine won't start on windows 7.
    Did you follow the instructions written in the description?
    <<<Remark: Mount using Daemon Tools - overwrite after installing universalis-dvd-app4.jar in this directory to have the program work longer than 45days: C:\Program Files (x86)\Encyclopaedia Universalis 2013\Encyclopaedia Universalis 2013\jars>>>
    What did you do and where or when did it go wrong? It would help to have more precision in order to find out what might be the problem.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I copied the .jar file into the directory and overwrite it.
    When I try to start the program, I get an immediate error.

Starter MFC Application has stopped working correctly. Please close the program.

Thought maybe it's incompatible with windows 7.

I mounted it with ultraISO. But I will try daemon tools to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried daemon tools today, same problem. .
    Thanks anyway.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@zero_net : I'd wish I have a solution for you. It runs on my laptop win7x64 without problems. You could try and get the latest Java Runtime. Here you can check the settings on your PC: Update Java runtime settings on Windows
    Maybe after reinstalling Java Runtime the problem is solved. If not, then I am out of options.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ah... and I found exactly the same error on the Universalis website:

Universalis ne démarre pas ou affiche un message "Starter MFC Application a (...) - Assistance Universalis

Maybe that can help you to fix it for you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,865 Times in 396 Posts
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    50 Thread(s)

Thx dutch so much \o/ \p/ \o/ Link added to the header too.

"Capitalists are so greedy, that will sell you the rope that will hang them" ~Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili - Stalin~

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

123dutch !!! Excellent find, it works !!!
    Thank you so much.

About us
Download language learning and teaching resources such as flashcards, grammar and course books, self study and exam materials, CDs and DVDs for just about any foreign language you want to learn.
Note
None of the files shown here are hosted on this server. The links are for URL which are publicity available on the internet for free, If you notice any page which you think violate your rights, let us know.