Access to books, audiobooks, and more - for less than a price of a paperback.
Join 38,062 members

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Practical Everyday English with CD: A Self-study Method of Spoken English for Upper Intermediate and Advanced

Default Practical Everyday English with CD: A Self-study Method of Spoken English for Upper Intermediate and Advanced

Reuploaded by arcadius 03.11.2019

Practical Everyday English is the first volume in the Practical Everyday English series. It is a self-study book with audio CD, designed to improve the vocabulary of upper intermediate and advanced students of English as a foreign language. This book has a special focus on phrasal verbs, advanced vocabulary and idioms. Unlike a dictionary, this book actually teaches students how and when to use the words by giving true-to-life examples, entertaining dialogue and useful exercises.

Practical Everyday English is not just a book, but a method which helps upper-intermediate and advanced students to understand and then use everyday vocabulary. Most of the material in the book is good conversational English rather than academic. However, I should like to point out that "good conversational English" does not mean street slang. There is included within the book a small amount of slang which now passes as "acceptable" English, but even members of the British Royal Family would use most of the phrases and idioms contained in these pages.

The method is simple: in almost every example in the book, apart from the first few pages, I have tried to use a word or phrase that has been taught on earlier pages. For example, in Chapter 5 the reader is taught the expression To get carried away, which means to become too enthusiastic about something. One of the examples given is:

"I got a bit carried away with the shopping today. My wife is bound to hit the roof when she finds out how much money I've got through."

He or she will already know To be bound to, To hit the roof and To get through because they appear in earlier chapters. Therefore, after reading these words and expressions time and time again, the students will find themselves being able to understand, speak and write Practical Everyday English almost automatically.
    The book consists of:
    Nine Chapters.
    Three Lessons a chapter consisting of ten or more words or expressions, plus examples.
    Dialogues containing words taught in that chapter.
    Exercises with answers at the end of the book.
    Audio CD containing all the dialogues

PDF+AUDIO-116.00MB

Rar'd PDF (62.6 Mb)
    Rar'd Audio (48.7 Mb)

Download:
    In order to download the file(s), you should register an account, registration takes less than 60 seconds and cost you 20$ for 365 days (It helps keep the site running - We appreciate Your Support), give you unlimited access to all resources, JOIN TODAY

Last edited by arcadius; 11-05-2019 at 09:12 PM.

2. Please read this message!!!
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Practical Everyday English with CD: A Self-study Method of Spoken English for Upper Intermediate and Advanced

do u hav third book ?................ if yes pls uoload it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Practical Everyday English with CD: A Self-study Method of Spoken English for Upper Intermediate and Advanced

I've tried all these links and none of them work for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,499 Times in 1,127 Posts
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    112 Thread(s)

I tried the links and they are OK, kindly double check and let us know.

Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by englishteaching121 View Post
    I've tried all these links and none of them work for me.

The best way to say 'Thank you' is to make a mirror.

Whenever you download a file, send it back to any hosting services and post your link, this way we will not lose any files.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Merci bien, regards, gracias!!!.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the links are dead, not working, pls fix them

Thanks
    Thanked 1,865 Times in 396 Posts
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    50 Thread(s)

Dead link renoved!!!

Last edited by arcadius; 11-05-2019 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Dead link removed-arcadius
    "Capitalists are so greedy, that will sell you the rope that will hang them" ~Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili - Stalin~

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dead link removed!!!

Last edited by arcadius; 12-18-2019 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Dead link removed-arcadius

Thanks
    Thanked 7,499 Times in 1,127 Posts
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    112 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marmara2011;93838marmara,
    mediafire link, is this the book with the audio?
    is this the book with the audio?

Last edited by arcadius; 12-18-2019 at 07:37 PM.
    The best way to say 'Thank you' is to make a mirror.

Whenever you download a file, send it back to any hosting services and post your link, this way we will not lose any files.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is Book + Audio.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
About us
Download language learning and teaching resources such as flashcards, grammar and course books, self study and exam materials, CDs and DVDs for just about any foreign language you want to learn.
Note
None of the files shown here are hosted on this server. The links are for URL which are publicity available on the internet for free, If you notice any page which you think violate your rights, let us know.