Access to books, audiobooks, and more - for less than a price of a paperback.
Join 38,062 members

User Tag List

Many problems from the start with the translation of English Language

Default Many problems from the start with the translation of English Language

I don´t progress in my english level , since many years ago. When I read text in a newspaper, i loose many time searching for the enormous definition of a word, about the intention of the sentence , ...

For example if you search in Thefreedicitionary.com any word as common as "get" or whatever you find many definition and you must look for a sentence similar to yours.

It´s takes a extraordinary time , and finally I stop reading the text, or worst I read only what I know.

Im spanish native and any word dont mean such as so many definition in my language.
    I feel I never learn English in this life ...

Thank you for your sugestions.

2. Please read this message!!!
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Re: Many problems from the start with the translation of English Language

Well, Sleep with a dictionary , I read words randomly before sleeping , believe me you won't keep all the words in your mind but your brain will store some unwillingly. So, I do the opposite u go from text to definition and I go the other way. Also, I used to oblige myself to write my diary in English so it's a lot of words to check but u'll be motivated because u really wanna express yourself or idea. Give it a try Agua and tell me what happens Good luck.

JD ♥ D

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Many problems from the start with the translation of English Language

Good idea. Write a diary or a important conversation. But sometime appears a "very common" expression that put you down, and all I wrote appears even grotesque. Many times I felt like a indian talking in a western movie. Anyway, thank you for your advice.

(even when i wrote in the forum .. i felt insecure )

PD I was in a weekly reunion ,during last year with another spanish people. We all talk in english, and that reunion group seems to me like a indian reserve, i m talking seriously ... many words dont make more sense or accuracy to the speech.

About us
Download language learning and teaching resources such as flashcards, grammar and course books, self study and exam materials, CDs and DVDs for just about any foreign language you want to learn.
Note
None of the files shown here are hosted on this server. The links are for URL which are publicity available on the internet for free, If you notice any page which you think violate your rights, let us know.