Access to books, audiobooks, and more - for less than a price of a paperback.
Join 38,062 members

User Tag List

Best book to TEACH german?

Question Best book to TEACH german?

hi!

I'm looking for a book that that will help me teach german. I know a fair amount of things, but I'm not entirely sure how to teach them. I'd like a kind of course or methodology that could help me out. Especially for beginners.

Any ideas?

2. Please read this message!!!
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Best book to TEACH german?

Why don't you try Menschen? I like those ones.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On what basis do you want to teach? As an amateur excelled learner? As a qualified University degree Teacher? As a certified excelled learner? It all comes down to your education, your aptitude and what you have to offer. Lastly it comes down to your group of students, their age, interests and learning profile. There is no recipe for teaching unfortunately. So you may want to revise your question and then find books to teach any kind of German (beginners, intermediate, proficient). Teaching does not happen only via a good teaching material.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best book I found to start learning German is : Linkword German book by Dr Micheal M Gruneberg
    and then Beginner's German, and then Basic German. and learning German Foundation by M Thomas. This should give a good basic grounding, for future levels.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, omgomgomg

How about the series "Deutsch üben"? for beginners, it is a good idea to start with "Lesen und Schreiben A1"... if you don't like it as a leading material, it will be a wonderful supporting one.

I also recommend "Themen Aktuell"... but I suggest having the whole package: Kursbuch und Arbeitsbuch (for the learners) and Lehrerhandbuch Teil 1A and 1B (gives the tapescript, additional exercises, tests, etc)... and Sprechuebungen Textheft (for oral practice, like 'drill' models)... I don't know if we have all books here (probably we do), but if we don't, I may upload here in our langacademy!
    ;-)

About us
Download language learning and teaching resources such as flashcards, grammar and course books, self study and exam materials, CDs and DVDs for just about any foreign language you want to learn.
Note
None of the files shown here are hosted on this server. The links are for URL which are publicity available on the internet for free, If you notice any page which you think violate your rights, let us know.