Access to books, audiobooks, and more - for less than a price of a paperback.
Join 38,062 members

User Tag List

It's Your First Year Teaching... But You Don't Have to Act Like It

Default It's Your First Year Teaching... But You Don't Have to Act Like It

It's Your First Year Teaching... But You Don't Have to Act Like It

ScarecrowEducation | 2003 | ISBN : 1578860296 | PDF | 130 Pages |

Product Description:

Many colleges aren't teaching teachers what they really need to know, and as a result, thousands of teachers are fleeing the profession on an annual basis. Bob Kitchen offers practical advice, not teacher speak rhetoric that helps in solving this problem. Sections include topics such as: how to find a job, how to prepare for the job, what to do and say on your first day, and how to handle various discipline situations that may arise throughout the first year.

Summary: A Must for anyone entering the teaching profession!
    Rating: 5

I have been a teacher for almost 30 years and am delighted watch my daughter enter the profession. After hearing of this book from a colleague at the community college where I do workshops and hearing her recommendation, I bought it and wish I had bought a copy for me, too! Mr. Kitchen spells out step by step everything you should do when certain things that WILL happen, happen. This is much more straightforward than the theoretical rhetoric that you are spooned in your methods courses. If you are about to enter the teaching profession, or are still a bit shaky in your first few years, this is a MUST HAVE! Dave Plummer
    Summary: Great!

I am a first year teacher, and I read this book toward the end of the school year. If only I had read it in the beginning! What a fantastic, practical guide for any first year teacher. Proof that you can learn from the experience of others.
    Thank you for writing this book!
    Summary: A great teacher

As a student of Mr. Kitchen, I have never had a better teacher than him! I know other teachers can be thought of like that, especially after they read his book.
    Summary: Teachers need more books like this!

As a teacher and coach, I have found that I learn best how to most effectively improve my own methods by reading about the experiences of those who have been successful. In the field of coaching, there are countless wonderful books by championship coaches whose accounts of their ups and downs are most illuminating. In the field of education, we are woefully lacking. BobKitchen 's book is a rare first-hand account from a teacher who has observed and absorbed numerous lessons from the front of the classroom -- some positive, some negative -- and all are enlightening to those who have stood in his shoes as a high school teacher. Though I teach math, I find myself wondering how I might incorporate Mr.Kitchen 's methods for teaching English into my own curriculum. And his thoughts on discipline and class management certainly provide a valuable resource for teachers of any subject.

To me, the best thing about this book is its honest and analytical reflection of the highlights and lowlights of a tremendously productive teaching career from an author who is not too proud to admit his past mistakes yet not so humble as to hide the secrets to his powerful performance in the classroom. I am a better teacher for reading this book.
    Summary: Recipe for success

Bob Kitchen has written a book containing a recipe for success for beginning and veteran teachers alike. His book is based on 20+ years of teaching and is practical and jargon-free. Bob gets right at the heart of why so many eager educators embark on a career which falls far short of their expectations. In a very accessible, conversational style Bob passes on many lessons - some of which he had to learn the hard way. He covers a wide range of topics from what you need to have in your desk to what to say the first day. His advice concerning dealing with parents, colleagues, administrators and staff members is clear and thoughtful.His anecdotal, conversational style is exactly what teachers regardless of experience need. He manages to pack more information into 94 pages than tiresome books that are much longer. I've taught for 30 years and have this book in my desk - you should too.

Download

The best way to say 'Thank you' is to make a mirror.

Whenever you download a file, send it back to any hosting services and post your link, this way we will not lose any files.

2. Please read this message!!!
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: It's Your First Year Teaching... But You Don't Have to Act Like It

It will help me a lot .Thank you so much

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: It's Your First Year Teaching... But You Don't Have to Act Like It

thank you very much
    great effort

About us
Download language learning and teaching resources such as flashcards, grammar and course books, self study and exam materials, CDs and DVDs for just about any foreign language you want to learn.
Note
None of the files shown here are hosted on this server. The links are for URL which are publicity available on the internet for free, If you notice any page which you think violate your rights, let us know.