Access to books, audiobooks, and more - for less than a price of a paperback.
Join 38,062 members

User Tag List

Language Exchange Program FAQ

Default Language Exchange Program FAQ

Are you interested in practising a new language with native speakers?
    This Forum will match people who are interested in doing Language exchange.

1. What is a language exchange?
    A language exchange is two or more people who speak different languages practicing each other's language. For example, an English speaker who is learning French will do a language exchange with a French speaker who is learning English.

2. Why a language exchange?
    You need the right kind of practice - and lots of it. In these respects, a language exchange is more effective than the other popular ways to learn a language.

There are many other benefits to participating in the language exchange program including: improving language skills, making new friends, learning slang/informal language, helping people, making contacts for future visits overseas and increasing your cultural knowledge and confidence.
    * can improve your foreign language skills
    * learn some basic language and conversational skills if you are planning to travel or work overseas
    * gain valuable conversational experience if you are studying a language
    * increase your understanding of other cultures

What if there is a week that I cannot meet my partner?
    You should let your partner know and make alternative arrangements. Some students use MSN to get in contact with their partner when they cannot meet in person.

What if I am unhappy with my partner, they don’t return my phone calls or they are too busy to meet me?

It is ok, just send him/her an email telling him that you are not interested in anymore.

The best way to say 'Thank you' is to make a mirror.

Whenever you download a file, send it back to any hosting services and post your link, this way we will not lose any files.

2. Please read this message!!!
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Language Exchange Program FAQ

i can't express my gratitude to your great efforts to help others

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can't understand

will communication will be through internet only or in real meetings?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is what i call a "tandem conversation" i hope that i can find someone to practice my english and that i can be helpful with someone english

About us
Download language learning and teaching resources such as flashcards, grammar and course books, self study and exam materials, CDs and DVDs for just about any foreign language you want to learn.
Note
None of the files shown here are hosted on this server. The links are for URL which are publicity available on the internet for free, If you notice any page which you think violate your rights, let us know.