Access to books, audiobooks, and more - for less than a price of a paperback.
Join 38,062 members

User Tag List

Getting Started With English Language Learners

Default Getting Started With English Language Learners

Getting Started
    With English Language Learners

Format: PDF 2.3MB
    Number Of Pages: 163
    Publication Date: 2007-01-30

“It’s been six months, and I STILL can’t get my English language learners to participate in class!”
    “How can I help my newcomers feel more comfortable around other students?”
    “Am I doing enough to help my English language learners succeed?”

Have you had these thoughts? Take heart, you are not alone. As schools and districts swell with growing numbers of English language learners, and as administrators and teachers wrestle with federal guidelines for educating these students, many educators are faced with these same challenges and much more. To meet these challenges, it is imperative for educators to learn about and use the theories and teaching strategies that will help English language learners succeed in the classroom.

In Getting Started with English Language Learners: How Educators Can Meet the Challenge, Judie Haynes provides a practical resource to help educators who are new to the field of English as a Second Language understand the needs of English language learners. From learning how students acquire a second language to differentiating instruction to exploring practical strategies for teaching newcomers, this book will help educators learn how to create effective learning environments for English language learners.

Real-life scenarios from actual classrooms are presented throughout the book. The book also includes a brief overview of different types of ESL programs used in the United States and a helpful glossary of common ESL terminology.

New teachers, veteran educators working with English language learners for the first time, and administrators can all use this book to increase their knowledge, improve their practice, and, most importantly, effectively educate and inspire English language learners.

DOWNLOAD
    1MB, PDF
    http://rapidshare.com/files/32439503...e_Learners.rar

link by tayyabijaz
    Format: PDF 2.3MB
    Number Of Pages: 163
    http://rapidshare.com/files/13345164...L.Learners.rar

Last edited by yamha; 12-22-2009 at 01:21 PM.
    Every man I meet is my master in some point, and in that I learn from him (R. Emerson)

2. Please read this message!!!
About us
Download language learning and teaching resources such as flashcards, grammar and course books, self study and exam materials, CDs and DVDs for just about any foreign language you want to learn.
Note
None of the files shown here are hosted on this server. The links are for URL which are publicity available on the internet for free, If you notice any page which you think violate your rights, let us know.