Access to books, audiobooks, and more - for less than a price of a paperback.
Join 38,062 members

User Tag List

Improving Literacy at KS2 and KS3

1. Default Improving Literacy at KS2 and KS3

Improving Literacy at KS2 and KS3
    Author: Andrew Goodwyn

This book will to help student and practicing teachers to understand the issues surrounding literacy, the place of transition in pupils' lives, and to feel confident in handling the National Literacy Strategy.

The book focuses on the crucial period when children complete primary schooling and begin in secondary schools. It examines the issue of transition from one phase to the other and specifically, the nature of literacy at this period. The authors contrast the `whole school' approach of primaries to the very subject-specific nature of secondary teaching.

The authors set the NLS in perspective, reviewing earlier movements such as Language aross the Curriculum and the NLS itself. They offer a critique of the strategy and outline its strengths and weaknesses. The book sets out evidence of the way schools are reacting to the NLS, and what classroom teachers and their pupils think. Its coverage is comprehensive and includes focus on primary, secondary and middle schools, the teaching of literacy and English, the role of ICT, as well as important areas such as media education, drama and modern foreign languages.

This book will be useful to education students and to practicing teachers in primary and secondary schools.

File size: 1,5 MB
    File type: PDF in RAR

Links and mirrors:

rapidshare:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/343751923/implit.rar
    mediafire:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zzjyfywmwzn
    terafiles:
    http://www.terafiles.net/v-71386.html

2. Please read this message!!!
  3. Default Re: Improving Literacy at KS2 and KS3

I am not sure if this should be here or under the EXAMS category: how do u think?

Last edited by stovokor; 02-01-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 354 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Improving Literacy at KS2 and KS3

Well, as long as this is not a part of the whole pack (SB, WB, TB), I think this place is quite OK for the book. IMHO

Every man I meet is my master in some point, and in that I learn from him (R. Emerson)

5. Default Re: Improving Literacy at KS2 and KS3

Thank you, so it stays there

About us
Download language learning and teaching resources such as flashcards, grammar and course books, self study and exam materials, CDs and DVDs for just about any foreign language you want to learn.
Note
None of the files shown here are hosted on this server. The links are for URL which are publicity available on the internet for free, If you notice any page which you think violate your rights, let us know.