Access to books, audiobooks, and more - for less than a price of a paperback.
Join 38,062 members

User Tag List

A good mother ;)

Smile A good mother ;)

Among the parents ,the mother has a much larger role to play in a child’s life. Who is a good mother? How to be a good mother? Many women do not have any clue on what traits make a good mother. What you feel good may not be necessarily good for the child. Each woman is unique by age, background, education and experience and each child is unique too. There are too many variables in parenting and they shift from day to day. The one necessary ingredient in any mothering style is flexibility.

Here are some good Qualities or characteristics to develop to be a good mother to your child.

1) Set a good Example: Since the mother is the most important person in the life of a child it is important for her to be a positive and moral role model and example that the can look up to, appreciate and honor. Whatever the child observes from her, such as her housekeeping habits, her manners, her relationships with others, the way she spends money and in general her lifestyle, will all undoubtedly affect the child’s character.

2) Be there for the Child: In the initial years of childhood the child needs the mother more. It is very important for the child to spend quality time with the child. It is okay to be a friend or buddy to your child but remember that ultimately you are their parent and it is your responsibility to provide them moral and ethical guidance.

3) Love and Patience: A mother’s love is unmatched. Remember that a mother carried you in her womb, fed you and protected you even when she was in pain and suffering even before you were not born. To a good mother you are special no matter you are young or old, healthy or handicapped, troublesome or obedient. Sometimes it is noticed that parents show partiality among children or treat them badly.

4) Be a Good Listener: A good mother is a good listener as well. She spends quality time with her children and patiently listens to them when they talk and give them quality advice and help them in negative circumstances. A good mother is always an approachable person for a child to talk.

5) Responsibility: It is said that motherhood is a full time career. If you have brought the child to the world then also be ready to accept the responsibilities that comes along with motherhood. The feeling that your mother didn't want you can hurt our child.

Have I left anything or do you have an experience to share, please feel free to add them through your comments.

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint,"
    then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.

~Vincent Van Gogh

2. Please read this message!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,499 Times in 1,127 Posts
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    112 Thread(s)

Default Re: A good mother ;)

Hi AG , totally agree with what you have mentioned above, just 1 thing you have forgotten or maybe you meant it who knows.

The good mother shouldn't forget to be a good wife as well and doesn't forget her husband after having a child .....

Thank you for the nice topic

The best way to say 'Thank you' is to make a mirror.

Whenever you download a file, send it back to any hosting services and post your link, this way we will not lose any files.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayman El Ajmy View Post
    The good mother shouldn't forget to be a good wife as well and doesn't forget her husband after having a child .....
    You're extremely right,Ayman
    A good mum, must be a good and smart wife as well.
    As we -women- know ,the husband is a big child
    We should put it in mind.

Thanks for passing by

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint,"
    then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.

~Vincent Van Gogh

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Re: A good mother ;)

Thank you for the nice post - I assume those who poasted here - talk from their experience
    I wish I could be a great Mum and surely am trying my best
    Thanks - the support is needed

Thanks
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    112 Thread(s)

Hi Leen, glad to see you around , and I want to discuss sth realted to this nice topic, could a working mother who is working more than 8 hours a day be a good mother and wife .....

as I notice you always changed wife to mother and this is so serious ))

Whenever you download a file, send it back to any hosting services and post your link, this way we will not lose any files.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi I do like your text and I do agree with Ayman about being a good wife. In my society I often notice perfect
    couple when they are in boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. They are also great and feel happy together when they get engaget.
    However the situation changes 180 degrees when their baby is born. Women often forget about being a wife.
    They commit all their time to newborn baby, forgetting, often ignoring the needs of the husband.
    Unfortunatellt, this is often a reason of divorces in my country, in my humble opinion.
    I am not a mother myself yet, nor am I a wife... ok I am not engaged yet as well... however I hope that I will
    not "degrade" my hubby when our child is born someday...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    112 Thread(s)

mentos007,

Finally, one got me on the right way !!!

Thank you so much, I totally agree with you and the same situation happens in my country

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow
    really well said
    i agree with you totally
    thank you for this topic

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mother plays an important role in children's future and for making them very good person in this world. Most of the time children are being with mother so they can learn most of the things from thier mother but being a good mother is not very easy thing for that many of the times you must have to sacrifice yourself for children's need so no doubt in saying that mother is the creator of the children.

About us
Download language learning and teaching resources such as flashcards, grammar and course books, self study and exam materials, CDs and DVDs for just about any foreign language you want to learn.
Note
None of the files shown here are hosted on this server. The links are for URL which are publicity available on the internet for free, If you notice any page which you think violate your rights, let us know.