Access to books, audiobooks, and more - for less than a price of a paperback.
Join 38,062 members

User Tag List

I Was Walking Down The Road

Talking I Was Walking Down The Road

I Was Walking Down The Road

Author: Sarah E. Barchas
    Reading level: Ages 4-8
    Paperback: 32 pages
    Fourth Printing edition
    File size: 1410 KB
    File format: pdf.rar

A book for young children. Repeated usage of sentences with the same structure makes the book a good resource for language teaching. More than that, the storyline is in itself well worth exploring with children.

The spirited little girl in this story has a knack for collecting pets. While walking down a road, she catches a toad. While looking for a mitten, she finds a kitten. When she pushes a wheelbarrow, she ends up with a little sparrow. The little girl puts every animal she catches in a cage. At home she sits in her chair and stares at a stack of cages. In each cage, the animals — her pets — stare back. She looks at them, they look at her, and she thinks things over for a while. And then she lets the animals free.

Young listeners will enjoy the rhyme of Sarah E. Barchas' simple verse, and readers will laugh out loud at Jack Kent's cartoon illustrations of a little girl who personifies curiosity. Any child who has ever felt the need to get their hands on whatever they see is sure to understand.

Last edited by mct; 09-12-2010 at 09:27 PM.

2. Please read this message!!!
About us
Download language learning and teaching resources such as flashcards, grammar and course books, self study and exam materials, CDs and DVDs for just about any foreign language you want to learn.
Note
None of the files shown here are hosted on this server. The links are for URL which are publicity available on the internet for free, If you notice any page which you think violate your rights, let us know.