Access to books, audiobooks, and more - for less than a price of a paperback.
Join 38,062 members

User Tag List

A Typology of Verbal Borrowings

Default A Typology of Verbal Borrowings

ReUploaded by arcadius 16.10.2015

The present volume is the revised version of my dissertation which was submitted to the Faculty of Philology of Leipzig University in January 2008 and
    defended in July 2008. This thesis took shape during the four years of the XXVIIIth Olympiad which I spent at the Department of Linguistics of the MAX PLANCK INSTITUTE FOR EVOLUTIONARY ANTHROPOLOGY (MPI EVA) in Leipzig. Some words of appreciation are due for those people who made these years in Leipzig so inspiring, productive, and happy.
    First of all, MARTIN HASPELMATH invited me to spend this inspiring period at the Olympus of linguistic typology and suggested the topic of loan verb accommodation. This dissertation would not be the same without his advice, his constructive and thorough feedback as well as his occasional whipcracking.
    Furthermore, a project like this typology of verb borrowings would have been impossible without the input and feedback of the many colleagues and
    consultants who are listed on the following page and whose contributions cannot be detailed here. I nevertheless want to highlight three of them. SOREN
    WICHMANN generously left the topic and much of his collected material to me. ANTHONY P. GRANT, who is a living, breathing reference source, provided me with an abundance of information, comments, and enthusiasm on the topic. EDWARD J. VAJDA is not only one of the most pleasant fellows I have ever met, he also contributed an exhaustive list of Ket loan verb examples and many interesting insights in our discussions; he is furthermore the initiator of most inspiring coffee break conversations.
    The staff at the MPI EVA institute library, especially STEPHAN KEMPGEN, always kindly and effectively helped me searching, localizing and ordering
    literature. During their internships at the institute, ANNE-CAROLINE, CORDERO-D’AUBUISSON and JULIA ROMAZANOVA diligently filled the database with examples and references and checked it for consistency.
    HANS-JOERG BIBIKO, MICHAEL CYSOUW, and JAN NIKOLAS DICKE, supported me while I took my first steps with FileMakerTM and the Digital WALS Cartography tool, R, and LATEX respectively. They and especially PETER FROEHLICH were also helpful in many ways during the aftermath of that grim day when the hard drives of both of my computers died.

File type PDF File Size: 4.60MB

Download:
    In order to download the file(s), you should register an account, registration takes less than 60 seconds and cost you 20$ for 365 days (It helps keep the site running - We appreciate Your Support), give you unlimited access to all resources, JOIN TODAY

How to download from SOLIDFILES:

See this-How to download from SOLIDFILES:
    In order to download the file(s), you should register an account, registration takes less than 60 seconds and cost you 20$ for 365 days (It helps keep the site running - We appreciate Your Support), give you unlimited access to all resources, JOIN TODAY

Last edited by arcadius; 10-16-2015 at 09:25 AM.
    "Capitalists are so greedy, that will sell you the rope that will hang them" ~Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili - Stalin~

2. Please read this message!!!
About us
Download language learning and teaching resources such as flashcards, grammar and course books, self study and exam materials, CDs and DVDs for just about any foreign language you want to learn.
Note
None of the files shown here are hosted on this server. The links are for URL which are publicity available on the internet for free, If you notice any page which you think violate your rights, let us know.